Camp III, also known as Bargah-e Sevvom, located on the south face of Mount Damavand, features two main shelters, the Old Hut at 4210 meters and the New Hut at 4230 meters, as well as a designated area for tents. Pack animals and porters might be available to transport backpacks or duffle bags to Camp 2 on Mount Damavand. More information and details about the reservation process can be found below.
Snowmelt Water Availability: The snowmelt water supply in Camp III of Mount Damavand is unpredictable due to natural conditions. It usually begins in early October. We recommend arranging your drinking water before starting your trip.
Old Hut (a.k.a. VIP Hut), located at 4210m
Managed by the Mount Damavand Group, the Old Hut at Camp 3 of Mount Damavand was completed in 1966. It underwent renovations from 2017 to 2019 to provide a cozy and comfortable space for a limited number of guests, prioritizing quality and comfort. Offering more Iranian-style hospitality and a warmer atmosphere compared to the New Hut, it is also referred to as Camp 3 VIP Hut among mountaineering enthusiasts.
- Sleeping accommodation (Sleeping pad is not required at this shelter)
- Dining section
- Electricity (Limited power generator)
New Hut, located at 4230m:
The construction of the New Hut was completed in 2007. It features multiple rooms, a large public room, and a spacious hall designed to accommodate an increased number of mountain enthusiasts, along with a buffet offering basic food supplies. However, it may also be noisier and colder compared to the Old Hut.
- Multiple rooms
- A big public room
- A large hall with electricity (Limited power generator)
- Restaurant/Buffet of basic food supplies
- Some beds are not equipped with mattresses, so a sleeping pad might be required.
Tents in Camp 3
This service is typically available from late May to late September. However, availability may vary based on occupancy rates and weather conditions.
- We use 3-person tents to accommodate a maximum of 2 people.
- We provide a mattress inside our tents, so having a sleeping pad is not necessary.
Don't get surprised in high season or harsh weather conditions, plan ahead and reserve your spot at Damavand Camp 3. Booking procedure of this shelter is very simple, select your first accommodation and fill rest of the form with your information, it's also possible to book three other places in addition to the Camp 3 in one request, after sending your request wait for us to contact you via e-mail or messaging platforms; After processing the information, we will inform you of the result.
- We are officially responsible for Camp 3 of Mount Damavand.
- It is required to have reservations in order to be accepted in either shelter.
- Facilities at either camp may not be available all year round or may vary depending on the crowdedness and weather conditions.
- Please make sure to fill out the form with the correct spelling of your e-mail address and a valid mobile phone number.
Price & Policies
Bed & Breakfast:
- 2-Person-Tent €11
- 2-Person-Tent (single occupancy) €16
- 2-Person-Tent €75
- 2-Person-Tent (single occupancy) €80
All prices are written as "per person, per night".
Learn more about the meals included in our tours on This Page.
- Each guest is entitled to one complimentary bottle of drinking water per night, as well as an additional bottle on the summit day. This applies only when meals are included in the service package.
- Guests selecting accommodation only (subject to availability) must purchase water separately.
- The weather conditions may impact the availability of our accommodation services at Camp 3.
Last update: Nov. 2023